Registration Process of a Private Limited Company
A private limited company in India is registered under The Companies Act,2013. The liability of the members in this type of company is limited to a certain extent. The registration of a private limited company is governed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
Requisites for Starting a Private Limited Company:
- The shares of a private limited company cannot be offered to the general public for subscription.
- Minimum 2 members and 2 directors.
- Maximum 200 members and maximum 15 directors.
- No minimum capital required for Pvt Ltd Company registration in India.
- Following documents are required:
– ID proof of the directors and the members of the company.
– Address proof of the directors and the members of the company
– Photo Ids of the directors and the members of the company.
– PAN card of the directors of the company.
– Address proof of the registered office of the company.
Steps for Pvt Ltd Company Registration in India –
- Applying for approval of name: Application for name approval is made in Form INC-1 with a maximum of 6 names. The name applied for should be unique and not resembling any entity that already exists.
- Acquiring Digital Signature Certificate (DSC): The next step is acquiring the DSC of directors and subscribers for DIN allotment and filing of MOA & AOA respectively.
- Obtaining Director Identification Number (DIN):DIN is unique to every director. It is allotted by the Ministry to every individual acting as a director of the company.
- Filing of SPICe INC-32, MOA and AOA:The next step involves filling the information in eform INC filling the information in eform INC-32. After which the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association are filed by affixing the DSC of the subscribers.
- Obtaining the Incorporation Certificate:After the MOA and AOA are approved, the MCA will issue the incorporation certificate. The date of incorporation and PAN of the company are mentioned in this certificate.
- Filling of PAN and TAN applications:After issuing the incorporation certificate, MCA issues the application for PAN and TAN filing. This is the final step in the process of registering a company.
To ease the process of private limited company registration in India, the MCA has introduced a single-window eform ‘INC-29’. The above processes have been compressed into one step which provides incorporation application processing within a single day.
Features of eform INC-29-
- It can be filled without having DIN of the directors.
- A maximum of 3 directors can fill this form for allotment of DIN.
- After the processing of the form is completed, the company is registered. The certificate of incorporation is issued along with the allotment of PAN and TAN. And the DINs are also issued to the directors.
- The detailed process takes about 30-40 days for company registration. Whereas with this single window form, it will take just 5-6 working days for the incorporation of a company including preparation and processing of all the documents.
For a detailed understanding on business setup in India, visit here.